Nika Vacheishvili Winery
"Nika Vacheishvili Cellar" preserves the centuries-old agricultural and cultural traditions of Ateni gorge region. Just 90 km from Tbilisi, home of excellent wine, a cozy hotel and unique nature is found. Winery produce several types of traditional, naturally made wine with small quantity but high quality grapes grown on its own vineyards. The temple of Ateni’s Sioni is on the way.
"Nika Vacheishvili Cellar" presents Atenian wine as a cultural phenomenon;
Nika Vacheishvili planted a vineyard in Ateni in 2013. Lately, construction of a small, 6-room guesthouse followed up and in 2016, farm was expanded, the comfortable hotel with 19 rooms added.
Nika Vacheishvili's beautiful hotel complex and cellar is located in Shida Kartli region, close to city Gori, 10 minute walk away from magnificent temple of Ateni’s Sioni, in the remarkable historic winemaking location, breathtaking setting with old vineyard terraces and gardens.
The road to the cellar is a unique experience that will fascinate you and leave great memories to reminisce. Built in the traditional old-fashioned way, the cellar and a small, but cozy hotel are equipped with modern conveniences including private facilities, hot and cold water.
On the second floor of the complex is a hotel, where very nice modern aesthetics and antique items blend harmoniously. The author of the design here is Mr. Nikas’ architect wife, Mrs. Diana Bolotashvili, who also manages this family business.
Mr. Nika and Mrs. Diana offer different activities: visiting the rocky vineyards and terraces, tasting three types of wine, making souvenirs by using mineral paints and shooting a bow and arrow, spear-throwing or climbing a natural rock.
Nika Vacheishvili’s philosophy is to present Ateni. Therefore, the effort is don't let to start traveling elsewhere local honey and wine, but contrary, people have to come here and learn production process.
Except wine, here is an animal farm: 30 goats, 10 sheep and bee houses - producing goat cheese and honey. 4-5 types of cheese are made with different technologies. For example, melted cheese is aged in local wine and honey.
A bread was baked first time this year. Homemade yeast is made using a unique method - Matchari, an unfermented young wine, that is obtained from grape sweetness and is used for preparation of yeast. The bread has a pleasant aroma and sweet taste.
Participate in different master classes: bread baking master class in a bakery, “Khachapuri” preparation master class and “Churchkhela” master classes. The host is eager to organize special tours if the guest is interested in Art. In a meanwhile, children can have fun by painting master classes with natural dyes.
It is also possible to arrange traditional Georgian songs for dinner.
The concept is restoration of tradition with the history of old agrarian culture, modern life and the future.
Around the complex, there are many interesting places for hiking:
- Tour to the vineyard - "Tana Valley Cultural Landscape" - the oldest terraces, 5th century St. Nino's church, old irrigation systems, rocks, which gives Atenian wine a unique taste.
- Visiting the "Vineyard of the Rocks", a small geological exhibition "Minerals and Wine" in the vineyard, as well as "Tana Valley - the artery of civilization" and toasting with Ateni Toni bread and Nazuki biscuits.
Nika Vacheishvili’s Marani offers:
- Wine cellar acquaintance tour;
- Distinctive, high-quality wine;
- Delicious dinner from organic products on the terrace with amazing views;
Wine tasting and snacks:
- Wine and cherry tincture tasting.
- Atenuri, Chinuri, Tavkveri, and cherry tincture made under Ateni’s blazing sunlight.
Tasting and lunch:
- Shoti bread making;
- Cheese platter (3 types of Georgian cheese)
- Salad (seasonal vegetables and lettuce);
- Lobio baked in Tone in vessel pots (beans);
- Eggplant with walnuts;
- Phkhali from local plants (seasonal);
- Mtsvadi (Stewed meat barbecue);
- Special offer: pumpkin and mushroom soup (seasonal);
- Spring water;
- Dessert - fruit salad;
- Live performance of traditional Georgian polyphonic singing during dinner.
- Walking tours to vineyards.
Visit to the cellar, sightseeing and tasting of three types of wine
- Delicious dinner with Athenian wine
- Free time with traditional sports equipment (optional) shooting bows and arrows, sharpening spears, making symbolic souvenirs with mineral paint.
- Dessert Athena - local or city nuggar.
- Bread baking master class in a bakery
- Khachapuri preparation master class
- Churchkhela care master class
Nika Vacheishvili Cellar Wines:
- "ხიდისთავური" როზე - Khidistavuri Rosé
- "თავკვერი" - Takveri
- "კოშკების ჩინური" – Koshkebis Chinuri
- "ატენური წარჩინებული" – Atenuri
To book private tour, please, contact travel expert here.