Balneological resort Tskaltubo
Resort Profile - Arthrological; Neurological (PNS/CNS); Gynecological; Cardiology.
Tskaltubo is a non-seasonal resort, operates all year round - 365 days, without days off. Both, adults and children are treated here. The recommended duration of a classic spa treatment is 14-21 days.
Tskaltubo healing water has long been a symbol of healthy living. This is a unique gift of nature. The positive effects of the resort waters on the human body have been known for the centuries. Today, modern medical-rehabilitation equipment allows us to treat and increase the tone of the body.
Here, in Tskaltubo, springs from the heart of the earth represent “source of immortality”. People with extremely tough health conditions come here and undergo a treatment course consisting of 25-30 baths.
The main healing factor of the resort Tskaltubo is radon concentration in mineral spring waters. Concentration of mineral water, depending on the time of year, ranges from 13-15 million liters per 24 hours (per day). The natural temperature of the water (+ 33-35°C) allows its use without pre-heating. Water in the baths flows directly from the springs by itself, without the use of pumps. The treatment is carried out constantly in running water, does not contain toxic substances, the composition is not aggressive. Accordingly, the age of the vacationers is unlimited (including the elderly from 4 years).
Resort Tskaltubo uses unique bathing technique. The peculiarity of taking a bath is that the treatment is carried out constantly in running water (i.e. mineral water is continuously infused into the bath and drained until the end of the procedure), thus the water constantly retains its physicochemical and healing properties, uniformity and temperature.
Appropriate treatment programs are developed for the treatment of these diseases, which are prescribed individually - taking into account the general condition, diagnosis and age of the patient. In these programs, we use 17 different types of treatment procedures.
1. Diseases of the musculoskeletal (musculoskeletal) system:
- Osteochondrosis, arthrosis, discogenic sciatica, etc.;
- Rheumatoid arthritis (arthritis) in the phase of minimal activity or without activity;
- Infectious polyarthritis (arthritis), with no signs of disease activity;
- Osteoarthritis (arthritis);
- Dystrophic benign osteoarthritis with secondary synovitis developed as a result of metabolic and endocrine dysfunction;
- Spondylosis and spondylarthrosis, with no pronounced restrictions on movement in the spine;
- Ankylosing spondylitis, grade I and II of process activity (not more than grade II);
- Spondylitis and osteochondritis (non-tuberculous) of infectious origin;
- Traumatic spondylopathy;
- Myositis, fibrosis, periarthritis, epicondylitis;
- Joint contracts of various etiologies in the chronic stage;
2. Diseases of the cardiovascular system:
- Post infarction condition, post-shunt period, hypertension, etc.;
- Atherosclerotic cardiosclerosis, with rare and mild attacks of angina without cardiac arrhythmias and conduction disturbances;
- Stage I essential hypertension;
- Myocardial dystrophy;
- Acquired malformations of the heart valves, without pronounced stenosis of the left venous hole and aorta, 6-8 months after the acute rheumatic process subsides;
- Postoperative condition of the mitral commissurotomy, 6-8 months after surgery;
- The subsequent period of acute myocarditis after the disappearance of acute and subacute inflammatory events;
- Primary or reversible endocarditis, with prolonged or latent course, with minimal activity of the rheumatic process;
- Varicose veins in the compensation stage;
- Obliterative atherosclerosis of the extremities, without progressive ischemia and gangrene;
- Postoperative status of endarterectomy and thrombointomyctomy, 6-8 months after surgery, in the absence of complications;
- Thrombophlebitis and phlebitis, 2-4 months after the onset of the acute process, with or without functional class I heart failure;
3. Diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system:
- Neurosis, central circulatory disorders, neuritis and neuropathies, etc.;
4. Gynecological diseases:
- Inflammatory processes, infertility, etc.;
5. Skin diseases:
- Psoriasis, eczema, neurodermatitis, etc.;
6. Diseases of the endocrine system:
- Diffuse goiter, gout, some forms of diabetes, etc .;
7. Diseases of the genitourinary system:
- Chronic non-tuberculous cystitis;
- Chronic non-tuberculous prostatitis, in the remission phase, without changes in the urinary tract and residual urine;
Direct indication of Tskaltubo mineral water treatment is the treatment-rehabilitation of people with certain occupational diseases: athletes, dancers, pilots, astronauts, sailors, oil workers, miners, military personnel, special services, etc.
Another, natural healing factor has been discovered at the resort - karst caves, whose micro- climate (especially the "White Cave" microclimate) is successfully used in speleotherapy for the treatment of hypertension, bronchial asthma and neuroses. (Work is currently underway to improve the cave.)
Technological advances, 21st century lifestyle, have given rise to new types of illnesses such as “managerial syndrome”: constant, chronic fatigue, constant distraction - when you find it impossible to concentrate at work. Constant emotional tension as a result of mental, and rarely physical strain. People spend 10 hours or more at work, mostly sitting at the computer all day, meeting, and after a busy day, resting at home, sitting back, returning to the same physical condition, often, for relaxation, driving or sitting in bars, cafes and restaurants. To combat this problem, balneotherapy with various hydrotherapy is successfully used. A 5-day treatment program "Manager Syndrome" / "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome" has been developed and its shortened version - 2-3-day relaxation program "Tonus". After passing this program, people experience: increase in mood, increased activity, reduction of neurological complaints (headache, agitation, chronic fatigue), improvement of psycho-emotional state and sleep, etc.
It is widely acknowledged that in the modern rehabilitation of patients, non-medical treatment methods play a major role, and balneology, in particular radon therapy, plays a leading role in these methods. Radon has been shown to enhance the body's defenses, strengthen the immune system, activate blood circulation, regulate blood pressure, promote cell regeneration (after wounds and burns), has analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects, Characterized by a pronounced sedative (calming) effect. Activates cognitive functions.
The tendency to return to treatment with natural factors is evident all over the world. The resort of Tskaltubo is the best choice for highly effective treatment with natural healing factors, while radon therapy is much cheaper and more effective in this respect than traditional clinical medicine.
Tskaltubo mineral waters differ from other waters in that they contain less than the minimum permissible ingredients.
Note: Medical rehabilitation centers, also known as springs, are mineral water treatment facilities. Therefore, in medical-rehabilitation centers (springs), visitors who come to Tskaltubo are treated with mineral water and other medical procedures, but there is not overnight accommodation inside there. It is necessary to know that in the resort Tskaltubo, visitors live in hotels and visit medical-rehabilitation centers for treatment only. All this is organized in such a way that it is impossible to pump or transport Tskaltubo healing water over long distances, because in 3-4 minutes, the water almost completely loses its healing properties and of course the temperature. That is why in Tskaltubo resort, all kinds of water treatment procedures are carried out constantly in and out of new mineral water, therefore, mineral water is consumed by tourists at the place of its discharge, or only in medical-rehabilitation centers - in springs and not in hotels. There is no mineral-healing water in the hotels.
The buildings of №1 and №6 springs of "Balneokurort-Tskaltubo" of JSC "Balneoservice" are built directly on mineral water springs. These medical-rehabilitation centers are equipped with modern, European-made medical equipment and hydro-equipment. There are five swimming pools with healing mineral water, 33 individual cabins-baths for healing mineral water, 17 hydromassage cabinet, horizontal spine stretching cabinets, etc. The throughput of the springs is more than 1500 people per day. These centers are staffed with highly qualified medical staff.
In №1 and №6 treatment-rehabilitation centers (springs), the following treatment procedures are used:
- Mineral water baths
- Underwater (hydro) massage
- Therapeutic exercise in the pool
- Classic healing massage
- Horizontal stretching of the spine in mineral water
- Electrotherapy / physiotherapy
- Gynecological irrigation
- Charcot shower
- "Circular" shower
- "Ascending" shower
- Peloidotherapy (mud application)
- Hydrocolonotherapy (intestinal lavage)
- Prostate gland stimulation and tamponade
Tskaltubo is located in western Georgia, 15.4 km (20 min) from Kutaisi city, Kopitnari Airport - 22.4 km (25 min ), from Tbilisi airport - 258 km (4 hr 6 min), 93,3 km from the Black Sea town Poti (1 hr 40 min) and from Batumi airport - 169 km (2 hr 51 min)
For booking or more info please, contact us here