A natural wonder The Martvili Canyon used to be a bath place for Samegrelo Nobles, Dadiani family.
Now the area represents a popular touristic site. People visit it to enjoy the scenery along 700 m long stone-paved circular canyon route, its waterfalls and take a 300-meter boat trip on river Abasha.
Visitor center is located in the village Inchkhuri on the left bank of the river Abasha, Martvili municipality, Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti region, West Georgia.
Taking walking tour at Martvili Canyon you explore the Dadiani’ historical 30 steps stair Path constructed by large limestone boulders, two limestone natural bridges, three overview platforms, waterfalls, 19th c century water mill, fossil shells of nautiluses and sea urchins.
Working: every day except Mondays
Working hours: 10:00 – 17:30
Adult price – 17.25 Gel.
Students and pupil – 5.50 Gel
Boat trip – 15 Gel per person
Civil marriage ceremony – 100 Gel
Martvili is located 54 km away from Kutaisi Airport, 154 km from Batumi airport and 280 km from Tbilisi.
To book private trip or small group tour with us, just follow the links below or contact us here
3-Day private trip from Tbilisi Canyons and Caves Tour
8-day private tour from Batumi Charm of Georgia
10-Day private tour Nature & Culture of Georgia
10-Day private tour Explore Georgia
12-Day private tour Beauty of Caucasus
14 day Georgia-Armenia
- Due to visitors' safety boat tour is not allowed in rainy and snowy weather
- Tourist season at Martvili Canyon lasts all year around, hot season is from April to October.
- While visiting boating route, visitor height must be more than 1meter
- Visitors participate in rowing the boat
- It is possible to place 6 people in the boat
- Tourists are recommended to be casually dressed, wear sport shoes.
For safety of visitors and maintenance of the Natural Monument following activities are not allowed while moving on the trail:
- Use trail after the working hours
- Climb, sit and lean upon the banister
- Run and Jump on the trail, bridges and viewpoints
- Load bridges and viewpoints with more than 10 people at a time
- Allow children under 14 unattended to use the trail
- Use the trail being influenced by alcohol
- Get out of the boat during the tour
- Enter the navigable route without safety vest
- Damage nature and infrastructure
- Gather natural and cultural materials
- Make noise
- Gather or dig up plants
- Bring pets
- Carry a gun
- Move by bicycles and motorbikes