Tbilisi Old Sameba Church
Old Sameba Church- Holy Trinity of XVIII-XIX centuries - was constructed in accordance with traditional medieval Georgian church architecture, blended with classicist elements. This Georgian Orthodox Church is located in the old part of the city Kaloubani, next to the building of the National Parliamentary Library of Georgia. It was originally built in 1790, and rebuilt several times since then. 100 years later, in the 1890s the church interior was decorated with murals, made by Italian painter Ludwig Longo.
The decoration of the red brick façade is distinguished with modesty. The dome of the inscribed cross type church is based on the protruding of apses and on two columns. The apse is drafted in the rectangular and is not allocated on the façade. The bell tower is attached to the main building and is erected on the Columnar gate of the west entrance.
Working: every day 09:00-19:00
Dress code applied.
Address: #6 Erosi Manjgaladze Street, Tbilisi, Georgia
To book private tour with us, please, contact travel adviser here.