Georgian Holidays offers day trips, city breaks, excursions from Tbilisi, individual & private tours, cultural holidays, adventure tours, guaranteed tours to Georgia and trekking tours to the Caucasus Mountains.
To book a tour with Georgian Holidays please, contact us at tours(at)georgianholidays.com
See you soon in Georgia!
Winter Tours - 2 Day Trekking Mt. Lomi
- Starts from: Borjomi National Park
- Type: Winter Tours
- code: WNTR-LOM-02
- Best time: Jan - Dec
- Distance: 30 km hike
- Duration: 2 days
One of the best picks for winter hike in Georgia, a trek that is equally demanding and rewarding will take you through evergreen Borjomi national park up, up to the summit of Mount Lomi (Georgian: ლომი, “Lion”). Enjoy great panoramic views of Caucasus mountain range and winter forest from above the cloud level. Overnight in a cozy cabin away from civilization.
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Hard
TREKKING DISTANCE: 30 km
ELEVATION: Min 950 m – Max 2,198 m
Notes: December-February - possible deep snow on a trail.
Sights to visit
MAIN HIGHLIGHTS: Borjomi National Park, Panoramic views, Mt. lomi tourist Shelter, Mt. Lomi summit (2,198 m), Chitakhevi tourist Shelter.
Solo € 315
2 people € 170
3 people € 165
4 people € 160
5 people € 159
6 people € 155
7 people € 140
8 people € 128
9 people € 121
10 people € 116
For any inquiries or questions regarding this tour contact directly:
+995 (595) 67 00 33
Please note: Subject to cancellation due to unfavorable weather reasons
We require at least 48 hours to confirm your trip, after which booking is possible only upon direct confirmation from Georgian Holidays tour manager.
For last minute booking please, call mob: +995 595 67 00 33
Day to day itinerary
DAY 1: TBILISI – BORJOMI – Mt. LOMI TOURSIT SHELTER
Driving distance: 165 km, 2,5 hours;
Walking distance: 12.2 km, 6 hours;
Elevation: Max 1815; Min 939 m
Elevation gain: 876 m up
- 7:00 AM, pick up from Tbilisi. Drive towards Likani Visitor Center to register for the trail.
- 10:00 AM, start trekking from Likani ranger station in direction of Mt.Lomi tourist shelter.
- 13:00 PM, lunch break.
- 16:30 PM, arrival at Mt. Lomi tourist shelter.
- 18:00 PM, dinner.
DAY 2: BORJOMI- Mt. LOMI - BORJOMI-TBILISI
Driving distance: 165 km, 2,5 hours;
Hiking distance: 17.8 km, 7 hours;
- Wake up at 8:00 AM, start hiking up to the Mt.Lomi summit – (4 km round trip, 1,5 hours).
- 10:00 AM, breakfast at the shelter.
- 10:30 AM, start trekking back to Likani ranger station (alternative route).
- 13:00 pm, Lunch break.
- 16:00 PM, arrive at ranger station drive to Borjomi.
- 16:30 PM, dinner in Borjomi restaurant.
- 17:30 PM, drive back to Tbilisi.
- 20:00 PM, arrival at Tbilisi.
Includes / Excludes
a/c comfortable car – days 1,2;
Professional guide service – days 1,2;
Professional driver service – days 1,2;
Dinner in Borjomi restaurant day 2;
1 x overnight in Mt. Lomi tourist shelter;
Snowshoes (if required) and hiking poles for days 1 and 2;
Souvenir Map of Georgia
- Airplane tickets
- Travel insurance
- Visa fees
- Alcoholic beverages
- Other personal expenses
- Trekking gear such as*: backpacks, personal water storage.
*Additional trekking gear is available for rent upon special request.
Please note: Most of the time during the period from December-February, special snowshoes are required to cover the trail, although depending on the snowfall we may not need them at any particular time.
There are several options to join the Georgian Holidays trips.
1. ONLINE: Go to your chosen tour and date, click BOOK NOW to follow the safe online booking procedure and complete our 2-step booking form.
2. BY EMAIL: Email us at email@example.com
3. BY PHONE: Call our travel consultants at +995 322 184 539 and they will be happy to book the tour for you.
Booking Terms and Conditions
- We require EUR 30 per person deposit on booking for private tours and special sum for guaranteed tours.
- The balance of payment is due 30 days before departure.
- Cancellation is free of charge prior 30 days of the starting day. See booking terms and cancellation policy
View our full Tour booking terms and conditions.
Once you have made the booking, one of our representatives will be in contact to start planning your trip.
If you have any questions about any of the steps above, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Welcome to Georgia National Tourism Awards 2017
The BEST in Hospitality and Tourism Industry Finalist of Welcome to Georgia National Tourism Awards 2017
Viator Top Rated 2017
Georgian Holidays has achieved Viator\'s 2017 Top Rated Award, distinguishing us as an outstanding activity provider for the world\'s leading online resource for booking tours and activities.
Viator Top Rated 2016
Georgian Holidays has achieved Viator\'s 2016 Top Rated Award, distinguishing us as an outstanding activity provider for the world\'s leading online resource for booking tours and activities.
ITB Berlin 2018
Visit us at Silk Road Stand 602. Hall 3.1b Please, contact us to arrange the meeting on ITB Berlin 2018 on 7-11 March, 2018. See you soon on ITB Berlin!
WTM London 2018
Please, contact us to arrange meeting on WTM London 2018 on 5-7 November, 2018 Visit Georgian Holidays on WTM London!
TTG Rimini 2018
Please, contact us to arrange the meeting on TTG Rimini 2018 on 10-12 October, 2018. Visit us on TTG Rimini!
Georgian Tourism Association - GTA carries out projects to improve tourism development in Georgia in partnership with Department of Tourism and Resorts, Agency of Protected Areas, International Organizations (USAID/SME project, GTZ Private Sector Development project, GTZ regional communal development project, IUCN etc.), local partners (i.e. Elkana, Geoland) and member companies. GTA is the member of UNWTO Knowledge Network, of GSTC (Global Sustainable Tourism Council), of GCCI (Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry) and member of ICC (International Chamber of Commerce).
HEIFER INTERNATIONAL implements the project Sustainable Development of Rural Tourism in Black Sea countries
Leader of the Branch 2016
Gold Medal and International Certificate \"Leader of the Branch 2016\"/ Winner of National Business Award