Georgian Holidays offers day trips, city breaks, excursions from Tbilisi, individual & private tours, cultural holidays, adventure tours, guaranteed tours to Georgia and trekking tours to the Caucasus Mountains.
To book a tour with Georgian Holidays please, contact us at email@example.com
See you soon in Georgia!
This 14-days itinerary introduces us 2 countries of Caucasus in depth – Georgia and Armenia. Both countries welcome us by experienced guides who introduce us to the historical and architectural monuments, special highlights and UNESCO World Heritage...
Guaranteed tours to Georgia - 4 days Svaneti Highlands
- Starts from: Tbilisi
- Type: Guaranteed tours to Georgia
- code: GTSH-06
- Best time: Dec
- Distance: 1110 km
- Duration: 4 days
Starts from Tbilisi every second Sunday.
4 days guaranteed tour takes you to Svaneti - one of the most remote and picturesque regions of Georgia. Explore the highlands of the country of extraordinary beauty, medieval villages and Svan towers. Trek to the foothills of Chalaadi glacier or travel to one of the highest inhabited places in Europe - Village Ushguli in Upper Svaneti. All meals are included in the package.
The group is ‘Guaranteed to Run’ after four people book the tour.
Sights to visit
Dadiani Palace in Zugdidi, Enguri Dam, Medieval Svanetian defensive towers, Churches with murals and frescos in Svaneti villages Latali, Lenjeri, Ipari and Kala, Chalaadi, Village Ushguli, Easy walking to foothills of Shkhara glacier, Mestia State Ethnographical Museum, Margiani tower-museum of 12th c.
Start and End Time - Open - Guaranted
- Starts: 09.07.Starts: 23.07.Starts: 06.08.Starts: 20.08.Starts: 03.09.Starts: 17.09.Starts: 01.10.Starts: 15.10.Starts: 29.10.
- Ends: 12.07.Ends: 26.07.Ends: 09.08.Ends: 23.08.Ends: 06.09.Ends: 20.09.Ends: 04.10.Ends: 18.10.Ends: 01.11.
|4 and more||486|
- The price is given per person in EUR based on the shared Double/Twin rooms
- 10% Discount is available for “early bird” booking (6 months before your landing)
- The deposit for this trip is: 200 €
- The group is ‘Guaranteed to Run’ after four people book the tour.
- Flights SHOULD NOT be booked until you have received your booking confirmation and the trip is showing “Guaranteed to Run“
- The guaranteed tour dates and prices are for the itinerary joining in Tbilisi.
- Price includes individual pick up/drop off service from the centrally located Tbilisi Hotel for joining the first day sightseeing tour.
- Price includes group hotel nights as described in the dossier.
- Price does not include individual airport transfers and a hotel night on the last day of the Land Only Itinerary.
- To arrange private pick up and drop off transfers from/to Tbilisi airport and additional hotel overnights please, contact Georgian Holidays team via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
ADDITIONAL PRICING INFORMATION:
- Additional cost for individual Pick up service from Tbilisi airport to the hotel: 25 €
- Additional cost for individual Drop off service from the hotel to Tbilisi airport: 20 €
- Discounted individual transfer rate for double way: Tbilisi airport Pick up/Drop off: 40 €
- Optional tour: Mestia – Ushguli- Mestia. Price per 4x4 vehicle (max. capacity 5 people) – 100 €.
- To arrange additional services please, contact us email@example.com
Day to day itinerary
Day 1: Tbilisi – Zugdidi – Mestia
Pick up from centrally located Tbilisi hotel and depart to Svaneti. En-route you’ll make few stops, until we arrive in Zugdidi – administrative center of Samegrelo region – to visit Dadiani Palaces and History Museum. The building once served as the residence of Mingrelian Kings and Queens. Nowadays it presents archaeological findings from ancient city of Nokalakevi and includes court church and botanical garden.
Take a lunch break in one of the restaurant in Zugdidi with delicious local cuisine.
After lunch you’ll continue driving up to the Caucasus Mountains and en-route stop near Enguri Dam to enjoy the views of mountains.
In the evening arrive to Mestia guesthouse for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Mestia-Chalaadi-Mestia
Trekking: 6 km, 5-6 hours, Elevation - 1920 m, trail trek, sleigh track
Have breakfast at the guesthouse. Follow the road from the centre of the town of Mestia to the direction of the airport, cross the bridge and follow the road on the left bank of the Mestiachala River and head to the road.
Along the road, to the north, Dalaqora cliff can be seen (3430 m) at the bottom of which the rivers Mestiachala and Chalaadi converge. Afterwards reach the junction of these valleys and continue north-west through the Chalaadi valley, up to the Chalaadi glacier.
Continue along the dirt road up to the Dalaqora cliff. Five kilometers from the start, at an elevation of 1650 m, on the left side of the road notice a dike dam built with wire mesh and stones. It is at this point where the Mestiachala River, which originates from the Leghziri glacier and flows down from the north, joins the left tributary, the Chalaadi River.
Cross the little hanging bridge and follow the path through the forest and soon come across a border guard post. Follow the path into the woods and enter the Chalaadi valley. Reach the ruins of a hut at 1790 m. Afterwards enter a birch wood, at 1800 m the route goes through a rocky area. From here Mount Chatini can be seen clearly, on the south face of which the Chalaadi glacier takes shape. Chatini's north face, which is known in mountain-climbing literature as Chatini's Rhombus, is considered the most difficult climb in the Caucasus.
Continue towards Chatini and at 1920 m above sea level come to the finish. From here, Chalaadi ice pass and glacier drift which is the source of the Chalaadi River. Walk back to Mestia.
Dinner and overnight in Mestia.
Optional jeep tour: Mestia – Ushguli – Mestia
If you’d like to have off-road adventure instead of trekking we’ll explore Upper Svaneti and to Ushguli village – the highest continually inhabited places in Europe. Ushguli has been included in World Heritage Sites list by UNESCO. En-route we’ll stop to visit the villages Ipari and Kala to see the small churches which still preserve medieval murals and frescos.
Upon arrival have lunch with local dishes. Next take a walk towards Shkhara glacier – the highest peak in Georgia (5068 m).
In the evening drive back to Mestia.
this route is possible from May to October
Day 3: Mestia and Its Surroundings
Have breakfast at the guesthouse and visit Svaneti Museum of History and Ethnography. Museum presents ethnographic and archaeological items, old Georgian manuscripts, Georgian Orthodox icons etc.
Next walk up to the tower-museum of Margiani (12th c.) to see how the locals were living. Have lunch in one of the local restaurants.
After lunch visit villages: Latali and Lemjeri located near Mestia town containing churches decorated with medieval frescos and murals.
Dinner and overnight in Mestia.
Day 4: Mestia – Zugdidi – Tbilisi
Breakfast at the guesthouse. Drive back to Tbilisi and visit Zugdidi farmer’s market on the way, where local ecologically clean fruit, vegetables and homemade (Sulguni) cheese and sweets are sold. Have lunch en-route. Evening arrival in Tbilisi. End of Service.
Includes / Excludes
- Professional guide service
- 3 overnights in Mestia guesthouse
- Catering: 3 breakfast, 4 lunches, 3 dinners
- 1 bottle mineral water per person per day
- Entrance fees
- Excursions and Entrance fees
- Map of Georgia
- All local taxes
- Personal expenses
- Optional tour: Mestia – Ushguli- Mestia. Price per 4x4 vehicle (max. capacity 5 people) – 100 EUR.
There are several options to join the Georgian Holidays trips.
1. ONLINE: Go to your chosen tour and date, click BOOK NOW to follow the safe online booking procedure and complete our 2-step booking form.
2. BY EMAIL: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. BY PHONE: Call our travel consultants at +995 322 184 539 and they will be happy to book the tour for you.
Booking Terms and Conditions
- We require EUR 30 per person deposit on booking for private tours and special sum for guaranteed tours.
- The balance of payment is due 30 days before departure.
- Cancellation is free of charge prior 30 days of the starting day. See booking terms and cancellation policy
View our full Tour booking terms and conditions.
Once you have made the booking, one of our representatives will be in contact to start planning your trip.
If you have any questions about any of the steps above, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Viator Top Rated 2016
Georgian Holidays has achieved Viator\'s 2016 Top Rated Award, distinguishing us as an outstanding activity provider for the world\'s leading online resource for booking tours and activities.
ITB Berlin 2017
Please, contact us to arrange the meeting on ITB Berlin 2017 at Georgian Stand #103, hall 15.1 on 8-12 March, 2017. Visit Georgian Holidays on ITB Berlin!
WTM London 2017
Please, contact us to arrange the meeting on WTM London 2017 at Georgia Stand in 6-8 November, 2017. Visit us on WTM London!
Holiday Fair Brussels 2017
Please, contact us to arrange the meeting at Georgian Stand or visit us on Holiday Fair Brussels, stand 5424, hall 5, 2-5 February, 2017!
TTG Rimini 2017
Please, contact us to arrange the meeting on TTG Rimini 2017 at Georgia Stand in 12-14 October, 2017. Visit us on TTG Rimini!
Georgian Tourism Association - GTA carries out projects to improve tourism development in Georgia in partnership with Department of Tourism and Resorts, Agency of Protected Areas, International Organizations (USAID/SME project, GTZ Private Sector Development project, GTZ regional communal development project, IUCN etc.), local partners (i.e. Elkana, Geoland) and member companies. GTA is the member of UNWTO Knowledge Network, of GSTC (Global Sustainable Tourism Council), of GCCI (Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry) and member of ICC (International Chamber of Commerce).
HEIFER INTERNATIONAL implements the project Sustainable Development of Rural Tourism in Black Sea countries
Leader of the Branch 2016
Gold Medal and International Certificate \"Leader of the Branch 2016\"/ Winner of National Business Award