Georgian Holidays offers day trips, city breaks, excursions from Tbilisi, individual & private tours, cultural holidays, adventure tours, guaranteed tours to Georgia and trekking tours to the Caucasus Mountains.
To book a tour with Georgian Holidays please, contact us at tours(at)georgianholidays.com
See you soon in Georgia!
Guaranteed tours to Georgia - 10 Day Georgia-Armenia
- Starts from: Tbilisi, Georgia
- Type: Guaranteed tours to Georgia
- code: GTCAR-03
- Best time: Apr - Oct
- Distance: 1790 km
- Duration: 10 Days
Starts from Tbilisi every second Saturday.
10 days combined tour to 2 countries –Georgia and Armenia – with guaranteed departure dates. Start your journey from Georgia and finish the tour in Armenia. Get acquainted with cultures and traditions and visit most remarkable sights of these countries. Experienced guides will introduce you to historical and architectural monuments, UNESCO World Heritage Sights, delicious food and finest Georgian wines. The group is “Guaranteed to Run“ after 2 people book the tour.
Sights to visit
Tbilisi: Holy Trinity Cathedral, Rustaveli Avenue , Narikala Fortress, 19th c. mosque, Leghvtakhevi waterfall, Mother of Georgia, Sulfur baths, Sharden and Erekle II streets, Sioni Cathedral, Anchiskhati Basilica 6thc.
Gyumri, Echmiadzin, Zvartnoc, Yerevan city, Manuscript museum Matenadaran, History museum, Geghard Monastery, Garni Pagan Temple, Khor Virap Monastery, Armenian Wine Village Areni, Noravank monastery, Lake Sevan, Dilijan, Sharamberyan Street in Old Dilijan, Sanahin Monastery, Haghpat Monastery
Start and End Time - Open - Guaranted
- Starts: 28.04.Starts: 12.05.Starts: 26.05.Starts: 09.06.Starts: 23.06.Starts: 07.07.Starts: 21.07.Starts: 04.08.Starts: 18.08.Starts: 01.09.Starts: 15.09.Starts: 29.09.Starts: 13.10.
- Ends: 07.05.Ends: 21.05.Ends: 04.06.Ends: 18.06.Ends: 02.07.Ends: 16.07.Ends: 30.07.Ends: 13.08.Ends: 27.08.Ends: 10.09.Ends: 24.09.Ends: 08.10.Ends: 22.10.
2 and more
- The price is given per person in EUR based on the shared Double/Twin rooms
- 10% Discount is available for “early bird” booking (6 months before your landing)
- The deposit for this trip is: 200 €
- The group is ‘Guaranteed to Run’ after two people book the tour.
- Flights SHOULD NOT be booked until you have received your booking confirmation and the trip is showing “Guaranteed to Run“
- The guaranteed tour dates and prices are for the itinerary joining in Tbilisi.
- Price includes individual pick up/drop off service from the centrally located Tbilisi Hotel for joining the first day sightseeing tour.
- Price includes group hotel nights as described in the dossier.
- Price does not include individual airport transfers and a hotel night on the last day of the Land Only Itinerary.
- To arrange private pick up and drop off transfers from/to Tbilisi airport and additional hotel overnights please, contact Georgian Holidays team via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
ADDITIONAL PRICING INFORMATION:
- Additional cost in case of request Single room at the hotels will be 214 €
- Additional cost for individual Pick up service from Tbilisi airport to the hotel: 25 €
- Additional cost for individual Drop off service from the hotel to Tbilisi airport: 20 €
- Discounted individual transfer rate for double way: Tbilisi airport Pick up/Drop off: 40 €
- Additional cost for farewell dinner with a glass of Georgian wine and folk show 25 €.
- To arrange additional services please, contact us email@example.com
We require at least 48 hours to confirm your trip, after which booking is possible only upon direct confirmation from Georgian Holidays tour manager.
For last minute booking please, call mob: +995 593 529 685
Day to day itinerary
Day 1: TBILISI CITY TOUR
After breakfast have full day tour of Tbilisi city. Visit Holy Trinity Cathedral (Sameba) – a sacred place for every Georgian and a seat of the Catholicos-Patriarch of all Georgia. Take a walk to Sharden street and Sioni cathedral, formerly main cathedral of Georgia. Continue to Erekle II street, next cross the glass bridge commonly referred to as the "Bridge of Peace" and arrive in Rikhe park. By a cable car continue to Narikala fortress of 4th c. (formerly known as an “Invidious fortress”) The presents name was given to it by Mongols meaning “little fortress”. Walk down and visit Tbilisi mosque from 18th c., Legvtakhevi waterfall and Sulfur bathhouses. There are lots of cafes and bars, souvenir shops and art galleries located near the bathhouse district on Maidan square. Finish the tour there and drive back to your hotel. Overnight in Tbilisi hotel
Day 2: TBILISI –MTSKHETA-ANANURI- GUDAURI
After breakfast at the hotel depart to North Georgia. First stop is Mtskheta - ancient capital of Eastern Georgia. Here you'll visit UNESCO sites: Jvari monastery 6th c and Svetitskhoveli cathedral 11th c. Next drive to Ananuri fortress dating from 16-17th cc. The fortress was once a seat of Aragvi Erestavis (Dukes of Aragvi). Continue route and arrive to Gudauri ski-resort. Dinner and overnight in Gudauri.
Day 3: GUDAURI-KAZBEGI - TBILISI
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you'll explore high Caucasus mountains; You'll drive to Stepantsminda via Cross pass (2395 m. above sea level), where we can make several stops and taste mineral waters. En-route observe the snowy peaks of surrounding mountains and waterfalls. Arrive in Stepantsminda town - administrative center of Khevi province. Change transport to 4x4 vehicles and have short off-road adventure to the top of Gergeti mountain. Here a small church - Gergeti Trinity - stands. If we're lucky with weather we can spot the peak of Kazbegi glacier (5033 m. above sea level). Drive back to Stepantsminda and change transport again. Drive back to Tbilisi. Overnight in Tbilisi hotel.
Day 4: TBILISI-GORI-UPLISTSIKHE-BORJOMI -AKHALTSIKHE
After breakfast drive to fertile Kartli region and enjoy sightseeing in the town of Gori. The house and museum of Joseph Stalin is located here. The museum includes house where Stalin was born and spent his early childhood and his personal train coach. Continue to Uplistskhe rock-hewn town, located near Gori. Here archaeological excavations have uncovered layers from Early Iron Age to Late Middle Ages. Artifacts found in Uplistsikhe are now part of Georgian National Museum exhibition. Continue to Samtkhe region and stop in Borjomi spa resort. Here you can take a walk in Borjomi-Kharagauli national park. This is one of the largest protected areas in Europe and covers 5300 sq.m. You'll taste Borjomi mineral sparkling water renowned for its curative powers. Next drive to Akhaltsikhe town. Overnight in Akhaltsikhe hotel.
Day 5: AKHALTSIKHE -VARDZIA-GIUMRI
After breakfast at the hotel take a guided excursion to Rabat fortress. Ensemble comprises several building including Sargis Jakeli castle of 14th c., Fortress Church (late Middle Ages), Palace 18th century and the Church of Saint Marine (1865) with built-in relief works. Next head to Vardzia cave monastery and town established in 12 c. during the reign of King George III and his daughter Queen Tamar. As Javakheti was a barrier separating the rest of Georgia from Muslim world and was often attacked by enemies. Thus a massive complex was built for defensive as well as monastic purposes. Along the River Mtkvari there are several historical and architectural monuments. We can stop for photo shooting at gorgeous mediaeval fortresses Khertvisi and Tmogvi. Meeting at Georgian-Armenian border, change the transport and the guide. Move to Giumri, the second biggest city in Armenia. Have a short city tour in Giumri passing through the old and new streets of the historical city. Overnight in Giumri
Day 6: GIUMRI-EJMIATSIN-ZVARTNOC-YEREVAN
After breakfast, sightseeing in Gyumri. We will take a walk through its historical center (Alexandropol) that has many traditional 19th-century houses and visit a museum located in one of them. Departure from Gyumri. We’ll continue the tour to the center of Armenian-Apostolic Church in Echmiadzin. Visit Main Cathedral. Ejmiatzin means the coming of the only begotten, because it was built were people said Jesus Himself descended from heaven to show where he wanted a church to be built. Visit to Zvartnoc. Drive to Yerevan and visit to Manuscript museum, Matenadaran. Overnight in Yerevan.
Day 7: YEREVAN-GARN-GEGHARD-YEREVAN
After breakfast, have an excursion around Yerevan city. Explore the History museum. The History museum is situated at Republic Square, in the center of the city. Museum can give you a good general understanding of the history and culture of Armenian people. Visit the Geghard Monastery (Whose name came from the legendary lance that was used to pierce the body of Christ, which was kept here for centuries. Though the exact foundation of the monastery is unknown, the present complex was built in the mid – 13th century.) We will walk along the canyon, by the beautiful columnar basalt 9th century stone bridge over the Azat River to Garni the Pagan Temple, built in the 1st Century AD. In 1679, it was destroyed by earthquake. In the 1975, the Temple was restored. Overnight in Yerevan
Day 8: YEREVAN-KHOR VIRAP-ARENI-NORAVAK-YEREVAN
Breakfast at the hotel.Take trip to Khor Virap Monastery (4-18th cc.) This monastery is very prominent because of its history; Gregory the Illuminator, who introduced Christianity to Armenia, has been imprisoned there about 13 years as at that time there was a prison in the place of the monastery. Here we can enjoy the spectacular view of the sacred Ararat Mountain - an immortal symbol of Armenia. After this we will continue our tour to Armenian Wine Village Areni. This village is very famous with its red wine. Visit the wine factory of the village where we will have wine degustation. Visit to Noravank - a monastery of XII century situated among amazing sheer rocks on the bench of a twisty gorge. This is the only monastery where we may find a unique sculpture of Father God. Return to Yerevan. Overnight in Yerevan.
Day 9: YEREVAN-SEVAN-SANAHIN-HAGPAT-SADAKHLO
Breakfast at the hotel. Today we’ll have a trip to Lake Sevan, one of the world’s largest high-altitude lakes (2000 meters above the sea level). Sevan Lake has become a well-known vacation spot. Then we will drive to Dilijan. Passing by the city, visit the Sharamberyan Street, considered a symbol of "The Old Dilijan" is now still charming with its artistic workshops, small shops that have exposure in Armenian traditional objects and souvenirs, the museum, which has a house nineteenth century decorated with local furniture. Two traditional houses in the historic Sharamberyan Street, built of wood, with tiled roofs and balconies with meticulously carved being typical examples of Dilijan, have been restored. Visit to the medieval Sanahin Monastery (10-13cc.) (A UNESCO World Heritage site), which is comprised to several churches and chapel. Visit Haghpat Monastery (10-13cc). The construction of this monastery is associated with the glory of the Bagratuni Royal Family. The oldest structure of the monastery, the holy Cross Church was built in 977 -911. Drive to Armenia-Georgia border. Meet with Georgian guide and driver. Transfer to Tbilisi. Overnight in Tbilisi hotel.
Note: In case you want to travel longer, please see the extensions or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Those taking extension trips to Georgia will start their tour next morning after breakfast.
TBILISI - DEPARTURE
Breakfast at the hotel. Check out time untill 12:00 pm. End of service.
Add 4 days to your vacation time and extend you tour to visit another Caucasus country - Azerbaijan. In this case you'll start from Azerbaijan and next continue to Georgia and Armenia. Extend you trip for 410 EUR per person.
If you want to complete your stay in Georgia, consider a side-trip to Svaneti. Svaneti is a land of stunning beauty. Upper Svaneti, UNESCO World Heritage Site, is a mythical place dotted by medieval villages and evocative tower-houses. Travel to Ushguli, the highest continually-inhabited settlement in Europe.
Note: In case you want to travel longer, please see the extensions or contact us at email@example.com. Those taking extension trips to Georgia will start their tour next morning after breakfast
Includes / Excludes
- 1x transfer to Bavra border on day: 5;
- 1x transfer from Sadakhlo border on day on day 9;
- Transportation service all days except day 10;
- 1x local jeep in Kazbegi on day: 3;
- English speaking Guide & Driver service all days;
9 overnights in DBL room in 3* hotels:
- 3 x overnights in Tbilisi 3 * hotel
- 1 x overnight in Gudauri 3 * Hotel
- 1 x overnight in Akhaltsikhe 3 * Hotel
- 1 x overnight in Gyumri 3 * hotel
- 3 x overnights in Yerevan 3 * hotel
- BB (Bed & breakfast)
- 9 x breakfasts on days: 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10;
- 1 x dinner on day 2;
Entertainment and other:
- Entrance fees per program;
- 1 bottle of mineral water per person per day
- 1 x wine tasting in Armenian village Areni on day 8
- All taxes
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance
- Air tickets
- Accommodation in a single room
- Hotel night on the last day of the Land Only itinerary
- Alcohol beverages unless mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfast on the final day if departing earlier than 8 am
- Dinners on days: 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10;
- Arrival & Departure airport transfers
There are several options to join the Georgian Holidays trips.
1. ONLINE: Go to your chosen tour and date, click BOOK NOW to follow the safe online booking procedure and complete our 2-step booking form.
2. BY EMAIL: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. BY PHONE: Call our travel consultants at +995 322 184 539 and they will be happy to book the tour for you.
Booking Terms and Conditions
- We require EUR 30 per person deposit on booking for private tours and special sum for guaranteed tours.
- The balance of payment is due 30 days before departure.
- Cancellation is free of charge prior 30 days of the starting day. See booking terms and cancellation policy
View our full Tour booking terms and conditions.
Once you have made the booking, one of our representatives will be in contact to start planning your trip.
If you have any questions about any of the steps above, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Welcome to Georgia National Tourism Awards 2017
The BEST in Hospitality and Tourism Industry Finalist of Welcome to Georgia National Tourism Awards 2017
Viator Top Rated 2017
Georgian Holidays has achieved Viator\'s 2017 Top Rated Award, distinguishing us as an outstanding activity provider for the world\'s leading online resource for booking tours and activities.
Viator Top Rated 2016
Georgian Holidays has achieved Viator\'s 2016 Top Rated Award, distinguishing us as an outstanding activity provider for the world\'s leading online resource for booking tours and activities.
ITB Berlin 2018
Visit us at Silk Road Stand 602. Hall 3.1b Please, contact us to arrange the meeting on ITB Berlin 2018 on 7-11 March, 2018. See you soon on ITB Berlin!
WTM London 2018
Please, contact us to arrange meeting on WTM London 2018 on 5-7 November, 2018 Visit Georgian Holidays on WTM London!
TTG Rimini 2018
Please, contact us to arrange the meeting on TTG Rimini 2018 on 10-12 October, 2018. Visit us on TTG Rimini!
Georgian Tourism Association - GTA carries out projects to improve tourism development in Georgia in partnership with Department of Tourism and Resorts, Agency of Protected Areas, International Organizations (USAID/SME project, GTZ Private Sector Development project, GTZ regional communal development project, IUCN etc.), local partners (i.e. Elkana, Geoland) and member companies. GTA is the member of UNWTO Knowledge Network, of GSTC (Global Sustainable Tourism Council), of GCCI (Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry) and member of ICC (International Chamber of Commerce).
HEIFER INTERNATIONAL implements the project Sustainable Development of Rural Tourism in Black Sea countries
Leader of the Branch 2016
Gold Medal and International Certificate \"Leader of the Branch 2016\"/ Winner of National Business Award