Georgian Holidays offers day trips, city breaks, excursions from Tbilisi, individual & private tours, cultural holidays, adventure tours, guaranteed tours to Georgia and trekking tours to the Caucasus Mountains.
To book a tour with Georgian Holidays please, contact us at tours(at)georgianholidays.com
See you soon in Georgia!
Guaranteed tours to Georgia - 10 Day Azerbaijan-Georgia
- Starts from: Baku, Azerbaijan
- Type: Guaranteed tours to Georgia
- code: GTAZGEO-07
- Best time: Apr - Nov
- Distance: 2340 km
- Duration: 10 days
Starts from Baku every second Tuesday.
Combined feachered small group tour to 2 Caucasus countries – to Azerbaijan and Georgia - is a 10 day special itinerary. Departure dates are guaranteed. Start the journey from Baku, continue the way to Sheki and crossing the land border to Georgia, visit towns Sighnaghi, Tbilisi, Gudauri and Akhaltsikhe.
Two expert guides will work for you –one local guide in each country. They will introduce to you the most remarkable historical and architectural monuments, UNESCO World Heritage Sights, special highlights, help to choose delicious food and finest wines. Get acquainted with 2 different cultures, see diversity of traditions and visit the most unique and spectacular sights of these new destination.
The group is “Guaranteed to Run” after two people book the tour.
Sights to visit
Baku: Panoram of the city and Baku Bay from Mountain park, the medieval sight of the Old City (11-19 cc), Karvansaray complex 14-15 cc., old mosques 11-19cc., old bath, narrow small streets, art shops and workshop of handicraft, Giz Galasi (Madiavel Maiden Tower), museum of rock painting Gobustan.
Sheki: Diri-Baba Mountain Mausoleum, Shemakha Mosque 11th c., Sheki Fortress, Sheki Khan Palace, Karvanserayi, Mosque, Alban Church in Kish village
Tbilisi: Holy Trinity Cathedral, Rustaveli Avenue , Narikala Fortress, 19th c. mosque, Leghvtakhevi waterfall, Mother of Georgia, Sulfur baths, Sharden and Erekle II streets, Sioni Cathedral, Anchiskhati Basilica 6thc.
Start and End Time - Open - Guaranted
- Starts: 24.04.Starts: 08.05.Starts: 22.05.Starts: 05.06.Starts: 19.06.Starts: 03.07.Starts: 17.07.Starts: 31.07.Starts: 14.08.Starts: 28.08.Starts: 11.09.Starts: 25.09.Starts: 09.10.
- Ends: 03.05.Ends: 17.05.Ends: 31.05.Ends: 14.06.Ends: 28.06.Ends: 12.07.Ends: 26.07.Ends: 9.08.Ends: 23.08.Ends: 6.09.Ends: 20.09.Ends: 04.10.Ends: 18.10.
ADULTS in the group
2 and more
- The price is given per person in EUR based on the shared Double/Twin rooms
- 10% Discount is available for “early bird” booking (6 months before your landing)
- The deposit for this trip is: 200 €
- The group is ‘Guaranteed to Run’ after two people book the tour.
- Flights SHOULD NOT be booked until you have received your booking confirmation and the trip is showing “Guaranteed to Run“
- The guaranteed tour dates and prices are for the itinerary joining in Tbilisi.
- Price includes individual pick up/drop off service from the centrally located Tbilisi Hotel for joining the first day sightseeing tour.
- Price includes group hotel nights as described in the dossier.
- Price does not include individual airport transfers and a hotel night on the last day of the Land Only Itinerary.
- To arrange private pick up and drop off transfers from/to Tbilisi airport and additional hotel overnights please, contact Georgian Holidays team via e-mail email@example.com
ADDITIONAL PRICING INFORMATION:
- Additional cost in case of request Single room at the hotels will be 195€
- Additional cost for individual Pick up service from Tbilisi airport to the hotel: 25 €
- Additional cost for individual Drop off service from the hotel to Tbilisi airport: 20 €
- Discounted individual transfer rate for double way: Tbilisi airport Pick up/Drop off: 40 €
- Additional cost for farewell dinner with a glass of Georgian wine and folk show 25 €.
- To arrange additional services please, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
We require at least 48 hours to confirm your trip, after which booking is possible only upon direct confirmation from Georgian Holidays tour manager.
For last minute booking please, call mob: +995 593 529 685
Day to day itinerary
In the morning our team will organize your pick up from the hotel to the group location. Tour Starts at 10:00 am. You will join the groups for Baku sightseeing: first visit place is Mountain Park for the splendid panoramic views of the city and Baku Bay. Walk along the alley and then drive to the downtown. There are main historical sites there: the medieval sight of the Old City (11-19 cc) (fortifications, Shirvanshakhs Palace(14-15 cc., entrance), Karvansaray (14-15 cc.), old mosques 11-19cc.), old bath, narrow small streets, art shops and bench of handicraftsmen, ”Giz Galasi” (Maiden Tower entrance). In the evening Free time for leisure. Overnight in Baku.
Breakfast at the group hotel. Today we start the route to the North-West –to the town Sheki. On the route you will enjoy historical monuments: Mountain Mausoleum “Diri-Baba” (Sufism’s Temple), Shemakha Mosque 11c . Continue excursions in Sheki: Sheki Fortress, Sheki Khan Palace, Caravanserai and Mosque. Overnight in Sheki.
After breakfast you start morning excursion in Kish village and visit Alban Church.
Drive to the Azerbaijan-Georgia border Lagodekhi, the road takes approximately one hour and 40 minutes. Your guide will help with border crossing procedures, change the vehicle and guide and continue travel to Georgia.
From the border it takes about 1 hour to Signagi. Sighnaghi is a small medieval town in Georgia, located on the hilltop overlooking Alazani Valley and Kakheti region, the main wine-producing region in Georgia. Signagi is the home for numerous cultural and architectural monuments. The town has another name - “City of Love”, as the wedding palace works 24 h every day and the environment around is very nice and welcoming.
Visit Signagi museum with multiple archaeological, photographic and paintings’ collections. The famous Georgian artist of naive art – Niko Pirosmanashvili – is presented in the museum main hall. Evening walk along the 17th c city wall of Sighnagi.
Overnight in Signagi.
SIGHNAGHI- VELISTSIKHE – TSINANDALI – SHUMI - TELAVI – TBILIS
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you will explore the Georgian wine culture. First, drive to Velistsikhe village and stop at Numisi Winery-one of the oldest family wine cellars in Georgia from 16th c. Taste Georgian Kvevri wines. According to the Georgian traditions, Kvevri wines are fermented in an underground clay amphorae and have unique smell and taste. Another highlight is Georgian homemade vodka – Chacha that is produced from the grapes, which went through the first fermentation stage together with wine.
Continue to Tsinandali, visit the house-museum of Kakheti nobleman Alexandre Chavchavadze, walk around the residence and in the English-French garden.
Shumi winery located just few minutes from Tsinandali museum, visit the wine museum “Vazioni” located in the winery and taste the local wines with light snacks.
Drive to Telavi town-the former capital town of Eastern Georgian Kingdom Kakheti. Have a nice walk in Telavi central avenue, Batonistsikhe, visit 500 year grape tree and 900 years maple tree.
Drive to Tbilisi via Gombori Pass. Overnight in Tbilisi.
TBILISI CITY TOUR
Breakfast at the hotel. Start Tbilisi sightseeing from the Holy Trinity (Sameba) Cathedral nearby the presidential residence of Georgia. This is the highest Christian Orthodox church (103m below the dome) with a beautiful yard around. Unique flowers and fountains make the entrance of the cathedral especially beautiful.
Next stop on Metekhi plateau, located on the rocky cliff above the River Kura. This was the first royal residence in 5th c. Equestrian bronze statue of the King Vakhtang IV Gorgasali - the founder of the city – erected in front of the Old Town. Walk on small streets: Shardeni Street, Iron Row and Cotton Row. Take photos at the cute sculpture of Tamada- the toast master that meets us en-route. Small break at the King Erekle II Street full of nice outdoor cafes, art galleries and souvenir shops. Cross the glass Bridge of Peace. Ride up on the aerial cable car to the oldest fortress of 4th c Narikala. Stroll down the Botanical Street, 19th c mosque, Legvtakhevi area and Abanotubani. The underground domed architecture of the sulfur bathhouses give Tbilisi oriental appearance. The multicolor bath (Chreli Abano) used to be the favorite of the Russian poet Alexander Pushkin. The city tour ends on the Maidan square. Overnight in Tbilisi.
After breakfast we drive to Mtskheta - ancient capital town of Eastern Georgian Kingdom and visit two UNESCO sites: Jvari church 6th c and Svetitskhoveli cathedral 11th c. You will find several souvenir shops and handicraft salons along the narrow streets of Mtskheta.
We follow the Northern rout – the former Silk Road, nowadays named as a Georgian Military highway. Short excursion at Jinvali water reserve, stop at Ananuri castle of 16-17th cc. The complex comprises residential buildings of local Dukes, three churches, tunnels and the towers.
Arrive in the ski resort Gudauri (the altitude 2000 m above Sea level), have dinner and overnight hearby.
GUDAURI-KAZBEGI - TBILISI
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you have full day exploration of high Caucasus Mountains; Reach the highest point on the driveway 2395 m on the Cross Pass, you find red travertine mount near the watershed and taste mineral water. Enjoy the beauty of snowy peaks of the surrounding mountains and waterfalls and visit the top of the Mount Gergeti, Holy Trinity Church 14th c. If the weather is clear you will see the magnificent peak of Kazbegi glacier 5033m. Drive back to Tbilisi. Overnight in Tbilisi.
Check out of the hotel after breakfast and drive to Samtskhe via main Kartli region. First stop at the Gori town-the birthplace of Soviet leader Stalin. The museum consists of a memorial house-where Stalin was born, an exposition building with a tower and Stalin’s personal coach. Stalin’s personal items, study room of Kremlin, manuscripts and the gifts from over the world are kept within the museum.
Continue to Uplistskhe ancient caves, located 14 km away from Gori. The town comprises small and big marketplace, temples, wealthy people’s district with outdoor amphitheater and stage, poor peoples’ dwellings, jails, secret tunnels and passes connecting ancient chambers and halls.
Next stop in Borjomi town famous for its curative sparkling mineral waters, coming to the surface without pumping. Walk in Borjomi-Kharagauli national park – one of the largest (5300 sq.) protected areas in Europe standing out for eco diversity and wildlife.
In the evening arrive in Akhaltsikhe town Samtskhe region (formerly known as Lomsia).
Overnight in Akhaltsikhe.
After breakfast, visit Rabati – the medieval Castle situated on the rocky inn. See the museum, Sargis Jakeli castle of 14th c., Fortress Church (late Middle Ages), Palace of 18th century and the Church of Saint Marine (1865) with built-in relief works.
Next stop at Vardzia, a rock-hewn cave town (12th -13th c.c.), situated on the left bank of the River Mtkvari.. Vardzia played a significant role in political, educational, cultural, and spiritual life of the country.
Continue to Tbilisi via lakes Saghamo, Paravani and Tsalka. Overnight in Tbilisi.
Note: In case you want to travel longer, please see the extensions or contact us at email@example.com
Those taking extension trips to Georgia will start their tour next morning after breakfast.
Breakfast at the hotel. Check out time before 12:00 pm. End of service.
Includes / Excludes
- 1x transfer from Lagodekhi border: 3;
- Transportation service all days;
- 1x local jeep in Kazbegi on day: 7;
- English speaking Guide & Driver service all days;
9 overnights in DBL room in 3* hotels:
- 2 x overnights in Baku 3 * hotel
- 1 x overnight in Sheki 3 * hotel
- 1 x overnight in Sighnaghi 3* hotel
- 4 x overnights in Tbilisi 3 * hotel
- 1 x overnight in Gudauri 3 * Hotel
- 1 x overnight in Akhaltsikhe 3 * Hotel
- 9 x breakfasts on days: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- 1 x dinner on day 6;
Entertainment and other:
- 1 x wine tasting at Velistsikhe winery on day 4;
- 1 x wine tasting in Shumi winery on day 4
- 1 x glass of wine in Tsinandali museum on day 4
- Entrance fees per program;
- 1 bottle of mineral water per person per day
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance
- Air tickets
- Accommodation in a single room
- Hotel night on the last day of the Land Only itinerary
- Alcohol beverages unless mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfast on the final day if departing earlier than 8 am
- Lunches & Dinners
- Farewell dinner in Georgian Traditional restaurant with folk show - 25 EUR per person
- All airport transfers;
There are several options to join the Georgian Holidays trips.
1. ONLINE: Go to your chosen tour and date, click BOOK NOW to follow the safe online booking procedure and complete our 2-step booking form.
2. BY EMAIL: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. BY PHONE: Call our travel consultants at +995 322 184 539 and they will be happy to book the tour for you.
Booking Terms and Conditions
- We require EUR 30 per person deposit on booking for private tours and special sum for guaranteed tours.
- The balance of payment is due 30 days before departure.
- Cancellation is free of charge prior 30 days of the starting day. See booking terms and cancellation policy
View our full Tour booking terms and conditions.
Once you have made the booking, one of our representatives will be in contact to start planning your trip.
If you have any questions about any of the steps above, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Welcome to Georgia National Tourism Awards 2017
The BEST in Hospitality and Tourism Industry Finalist of Welcome to Georgia National Tourism Awards 2017
Viator Top Rated 2017
Georgian Holidays has achieved Viator\'s 2017 Top Rated Award, distinguishing us as an outstanding activity provider for the world\'s leading online resource for booking tours and activities.
Viator Top Rated 2016
Georgian Holidays has achieved Viator\'s 2016 Top Rated Award, distinguishing us as an outstanding activity provider for the world\'s leading online resource for booking tours and activities.
ITB Berlin 2018
Visit us at Silk Road Stand 602. Hall 3.1b Please, contact us to arrange the meeting on ITB Berlin 2018 on 7-11 March, 2018. See you soon on ITB Berlin!
WTM London 2018
Please, contact us to arrange meeting on WTM London 2018 on 5-7 November, 2018 Visit Georgian Holidays on WTM London!
TTG Rimini 2018
Please, contact us to arrange the meeting on TTG Rimini 2018 on 10-12 October, 2018. Visit us on TTG Rimini!
Georgian Tourism Association - GTA carries out projects to improve tourism development in Georgia in partnership with Department of Tourism and Resorts, Agency of Protected Areas, International Organizations (USAID/SME project, GTZ Private Sector Development project, GTZ regional communal development project, IUCN etc.), local partners (i.e. Elkana, Geoland) and member companies. GTA is the member of UNWTO Knowledge Network, of GSTC (Global Sustainable Tourism Council), of GCCI (Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry) and member of ICC (International Chamber of Commerce).
HEIFER INTERNATIONAL implements the project Sustainable Development of Rural Tourism in Black Sea countries
Leader of the Branch 2016
Gold Medal and International Certificate \"Leader of the Branch 2016\"/ Winner of National Business Award