Georgian Holidays offers day trips, city breaks, excursions from Tbilisi, individual & private tours, cultural holidays, adventure tours, guaranteed tours to Georgia and trekking tours to the Caucasus Mountains.
To book a tour with Georgian Holidays please, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
See you soon in Georgia!
This 14-days itinerary introduces us 2 countries of Caucasus in depth – Georgia and Armenia. Both countries welcome us by experienced guides who introduce us to the historical and architectural monuments, special highlights and UNESCO World Heritage...
Guaranteed tours to Georgia - 8 Day Authentic Georgia
- Starts from: Tbilisi
- Type: Guaranteed tours to Georgia
- code: GTAG-05
- Best time: May - Sep
- Distance: 1340 km
- Duration: 8 Days
Starts from Tbilisi every second Sunday.
8 days authentic experience through the unique places in Caucasus Highlands, alpine valleys and gorgeous mountains, remote villages with medieval towers, Black Sea shore and 5 UNESCO World heritage sites. The group tour with guaranteed departure dates starts from Tbilisi. The main highlight is the village Ushguli - the highest permanently settled village in Europe. To reach the village we start 4x4WD Jeep adventure from Mestia along Enguri River. After mountain adventures enjoy leisure time at breathtaking seashores of Black Sea Coast. The group is ‘Guaranteed to Run’ after two people book the tour.
Sights to visit
Tbilisi city: Holy Trinity Cathedral, Georgian National Museum, Rustaveli Avenue, Metekhi church, Narikala fortress , Tbilisi Mosque, Legvtakhevi , Sulfur Bathhouses, Maidan square, Sharden and Erekle II streets , Anchiskhati basilica, Sioni cathedral
Start and End Time - Open - Guaranted
- Starts: 07.05.Starts: 21.05Starts: 04.06.Starts: 18.06.Starts: 02.07.Starts: 16.07.Starts: 30.07.Starts: 13.08.Starts: 27.08.Starts: 10.09.
- Ends: 14.05.Ends: 28.05.Ends: 11.06.Ends: 25.06.Ends: 09.07.Ends: 23.07.Ends: 06.08.Ends: 20.08.Ends: 03.09.Ends: 17.09.
2 and more
- The price is given per person in EUR based on the shared Double/Twin rooms
- 10% Discount is available for “early bird” booking (6 months before your landing)
- The deposit for this trip is: 200 €
- The group is ‘Guaranteed to Run’ after two people book the tour.
- Flights SHOULD NOT be booked until you have received your booking confirmation and the trip is showing “Guaranteed to Run“
- The guaranteed tour dates and prices are for the itinerary joining in Tbilisi.
- Price includes individual pick up/drop off service from the centrally located Tbilisi Hotel for joining the first day sightseeing tour.
- Price includes group hotel nights as described in the dossier.
- Price does not include individual airport transfers and a hotel night on the last day of the Land Only Itinerary.
- To arrange private pick up and drop off transfers from/to Tbilisi airport and additional hotel overnights please, contact Georgian Holidays team via e-mail email@example.com
ADDITIONAL PRICING INFORMATION:
- Additional cost in case of request Single room at the hotels will be 95 €
- Additional cost for individual Pick up service from Tbilisi airport to the hotel: 25 €
- Additional cost for individual Drop off service from the hotel to Tbilisi airport: 20 €
- Discounted individual transfer rate for double way: Tbilisi airport Pick up/Drop off: 40 €
- Additional cost for farewell dinner with a glass of Georgian wine and folk show 25 €.
- To arrange additional services please, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Day to day itinerary
Day 1: TBILISI CITY TOUR
In the morning we organize pick up service to join you the group for full day Tbilisi sightseeing. Tour Starts at 10:00 am. Drive to the main and the biggest Orthodox cathedral Sameba (the Holy Trinity).
Continue to Metekhi church of 13th c. which stands on a plateau overlooking the river Mtkvari and Old Tbilisi. Ride up to Narikala fortress by the areal cable car connecting Europ Square and the hill top the fortress stands on. Built in 4th c. Narikala served as a main fortification of Tbilisi throughout the centuries and was attacked numerous times.
Take the downhill stroll to the old city; follow Botanical Street, visit Tbilisi Mosque, Legvtakhevi (the Fig Ravine) and see the natural waterfall in downtown. Continue to the Ottoman’s time Sulfur Bathhouses, using geyser hot water springs and became must place to visit – Bathhouse square have been acknowledged by a number of famous travelers.
Walk along the Maidan square, Sharden and The King Erekle II streets; explore souvenir shops and art galleries nearby. Visit Sioni cathedral dating back to 13th and proceed to Anchiskhati basilica, which is the oldest church in Tbilisi (dates back to 7th c AD).
Visit Golden Treasury of Georgian National Museum . The collection features gold and silver artifacts and jewelry from the pre-Christian period from Kakheti (East Georgia), Vani (West Georgia), Mtskheta, Trialeti Kurgans, Zhinvali, Akhalgori, Martkopi, etc.
Take a walk on Rustaveli Avenue towards Georgian Parliament, Rustaveli Drama theatre, National Museum of contemporary Arts, the State Opera and Ballet house, Prospero’s book store, shopping center and Rose Revolution square.
In the evening return back to the hotel. Overnight in Tbilisi.
Day 2: TBILISI-GORI-UPLISTSIKHE-KUTAISI
After breakfast at the hotel drive to the West through Gori, the heart of Kartli region and visit house-museum of Joseph Stalin. Stalin was born here and family lived in this small, original house renting a room from the landlord. Museum consists of memorial house, exposition building and Stalin’s personal coach with interior (he used to travel to Tehran, Yalta and Potsdam). Museum houses Stalin’s personal items, study room of Kremlin, manuscripts and gifts.
The village Uplistskhe is located 14 km away from Gori. There are the oldest inhabited caves cut in limestone rocks and date back to the Early Iron Age. Uplistsikhe caves translated as the” Fortress of the Lord” was the town with temples, wealthy people’s district, public space – theatre, big and small marketplaces, poor peoples’ residential area, jails, secret tunnels and passes connecting ancient chambers and halls. The archaeological artifacts discovered here date as early as Early Iron Ages. Most of the items found in Uplistsikhe are now in a collection of Georgian National Museum. 8 minutes movie about Uplistsikhe caves is possible to see in a small museum nearby.
Continue driving to the West Imereti region. The road goes through Rikoti Pass and tunnel. Evening arrive in the second biggest city in Georgia – Kutaisi. Enjoy the sunset in from the yard of Bagrati Cathedral (11th c. UNESCO World Heritage Site). Dinner and overnight in Kutaisi.
Day 3: KUTAISI-ZUGDIDI-MESTIA
After breakfast drive to Sataplia caves and natural reserve. The sight is famous for dinosaur footprints conserved here. The cave is 900 meters long and contains lots of stalactites and stalagmites of extraordinary beauty. The impression of the cave is enhanced with light and audio effects.
Start to the North-West and arrive to Zugdidi – the administrative center of Samegrelo region and former capital of principality of Mingrelia. Visit Dadiani Palace – a museum established by Prince David Dadiani. The museum houses death masks of Napoleon Bonaparte, some of the important cultural heritage items and archaeological artifacts found in Nokalakevi excavation site.
Continue driving to the North and arrive in Mestia – the heart of Svaneti region – located at an elevation of 1500 meters. Svaneti is unique for its Svan towers, which were used for defensive as well as dwelling purposes. Some of them date back as early as 9th c. Dinner and overnight in Mestia.
Day 4: MESTIA-USHGULI-MESTIA
Breakfast in Mestia. Today we have off-road adventure to the most remote and isolated village Ushguli with 4x4WD vehicles. The community comprises 4 villages and the whole area has been included in World Heritage Sites list by UNESCO. It is the highest settled area in the whole Europe (2200m above sea level). We will pass several villages on our way to Upper Svaneti, including Ipari and Kala villages and visit small churches with frescos preserved here throughout the centuries.
In the evening ride up to Hatsvali ski cable lift for panoramic views and beautiful mountain sunset. Drive back to Mestia for dinner and overnight.
Day 5: MESTIA-BATUMI
After breakfast visit Margiani tower – a Svan tower from 12th cand Svanetian dwelling “Machubi”. Visit Svaneti Museum, where you see unique manuscripts , the 9th 10th 12th cc Gospel books, chained golden and silver icons. Italian photographer and mountaineer Vittorio Sella (1859 –1943) took photographs of mountains, local villages and people, which are regarded as some of the finest ever made.
Day 6: BATUMI-KUTAISI
After breakfast visit Gonio fortress located 10 km from Batumi. The oldest mention of Gonio has been made by Pliny the Elder in 1st c. AD. Gonio has been held by numerous Kingdoms. In 2nd c. AD Gonio functioned as a well-fortified Roman city within Colchis Kingdom, then it came under the rule of Byzantine Empire.
Next excursion will be in Batumi Botanical Garden with beautiful views over the black sea shores and numerous indigenous plants. The garden was established by Russian botanists Andrey Krasnov (1912) and was expanded during Soviet Era. Nowadays it occupies 108 ha and has 2037 taxonomic units of ligneous plants from all over the world.
Drive to Kutaisi and visit Gelati Academy built during the rain of the King David the Builder in 12th c. Academy employed some of the most celebrated Georgian scientists, theologians and philosophers, many of whom had previously been active at various orthodox monasteries abroad. The Gelati Monastery for a long time was one of the main cultural and intellectual centers in Georgia.
Take an evening walk in Kutaisi city center. Dinner and overnight in Kutaisi.
Day 7: KUTAISI-TBILISI
After breakfast at the hotel drive back to Tbilisi. Visit Mtskheta town on the way, which has been considered as the “holy city” for a long time. Mtskheta is famous for its UNESCO World Heritage sites – Svetitskhoveli Cathedral and Jvari Monastery. Svetitskhoveli Cathedral (the living pillar cathedral) was built in 11th c. and is associated with various legends from early Christian times. Jvari Monastery, which stands on the hill overlooking the confluence of the rivers Mtkvari and Aragvi and Mtskheta town, was constructed during 6th c. In the evening arrive back to Tbilisi. Free evening for leisure. Farewell dinner in Georgian Traditional restaurant with folk show* (Optional). Overnight in Tbilisi hotel.
Note: In case you want to travel longer, please see the extensions or contact us at email@example.com. Those taking extension trips to Georgia will start their tour next morning after breakfast.
Day 8: TBILISI
Breakfast at the hotel. Check out time until 12:00 pm. End of service.
If you want to complete your stay in Georgia, consider a side-trip to picturesque Kakheti- the region is known as a birthplace of viticulture and winemaking. The history, culture and lifestyle of Georgians are embodied in their wine, which is a symbol of the hospitality, friendship, tolerance. For more information on the program, prices and inclusions, see detailed itinerary
Want to see more high mountains of Caucasus, then take a 2 days tour to Kazbegi and experience the life of Nothern Georgian people. For more information on the program, prices and inclusions, see detailed itinerary
Includes / Excludes
- Air conditioned comfortable vehicle all days except the last day 8;
- 1 x local 4x4WD jeeps in Mestia on day 4
- English speaking professional tour guide and driver
Accommodation in double/twin rooms:
- 2 x nights in Tbilisi hotel 3*;
- 2 x nights in Kutaisi guesthouse;
- 2 x nights in Mestia guesthouse;
- 1 x night in Batumi hotel 3*;
- 7 x Breakfasts on days: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8;
- 4 x dinners on days 2, 3, 4, 7;
Entertainment and other:
- Excursions and all entrance fees described in the tour dossier.
- 1 x bottle of mineral water per person per day
- Air tickets
- Visa fee
- Travel insurance
- Accommodation in a single room
- Individual Pick up/ drop off service from/to Tbilisi airport
- Hotel night on the last day of the Land Only itinerary.
- Alcohol beverages
- Lunches & Dinners on days: 1, 5, 6, 8, 9;
- Personal expenses and other services which are not part of the itinerary
There are several options to join the Georgian Holidays trips.
1. ONLINE: Go to your chosen tour and date, click BOOK NOW to follow the safe online booking procedure and complete our 2-step booking form.
2. BY EMAIL: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. BY PHONE: Call our travel consultants at +995 322 184 539 and they will be happy to book the tour for you.
Booking Terms and Conditions
- We require EUR 30 per person deposit on booking for private tours and special sum for guaranteed tours.
- The balance of payment is due 30 days before departure.
- Cancellation is free of charge prior 30 days of the starting day. See booking terms and cancellation policy
View our full Tour booking terms and conditions.
Once you have made the booking, one of our representatives will be in contact to start planning your trip.
If you have any questions about any of the steps above, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Viator Top Rated 2016
Georgian Holidays has achieved Viator\'s 2016 Top Rated Award, distinguishing us as an outstanding activity provider for the world\'s leading online resource for booking tours and activities.
ITB Berlin 2017
Please, contact us to arrange the meeting on ITB Berlin 2017 at Georgian Stand #103, hall 15.1 on 8-12 March, 2017. Visit Georgian Holidays on ITB Berlin!
WTM London 2017
Please, contact us to arrange the meeting on WTM London 2017 at Georgia Stand in 6-8 November, 2017. Visit us on WTM London!
Holiday Fair Brussels 2017
Please, contact us to arrange the meeting at Georgian Stand or visit us on Holiday Fair Brussels, stand 5424, hall 5, 2-5 February, 2017!
TTG Rimini 2017
Please, contact us to arrange the meeting on TTG Rimini 2017 at Georgia Stand in 12-14 October, 2017. Visit us on TTG Rimini!
Georgian Tourism Association - GTA carries out projects to improve tourism development in Georgia in partnership with Department of Tourism and Resorts, Agency of Protected Areas, International Organizations (USAID/SME project, GTZ Private Sector Development project, GTZ regional communal development project, IUCN etc.), local partners (i.e. Elkana, Geoland) and member companies. GTA is the member of UNWTO Knowledge Network, of GSTC (Global Sustainable Tourism Council), of GCCI (Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry) and member of ICC (International Chamber of Commerce).
HEIFER INTERNATIONAL implements the project Sustainable Development of Rural Tourism in Black Sea countries
Leader of the Branch 2016
Gold Medal and International Certificate \"Leader of the Branch 2016\"/ Winner of National Business Award