all year exploration
Georgian Holidays offers day trips, city breaks, excursions from Tbilisi, individual & private tours, cultural holidays, adventure tours, guaranteed tours to Georgia and trekking tours to the Caucasus Mountains.
To book a tour with Georgian Holidays please, contact us at email@example.com
See you soon in Georgia!
This 14-days itinerary introduces us 2 countries of Caucasus in depth – Georgia and Armenia. Both countries welcome us by experienced guides who introduce us to the historical and architectural monuments, special highlights and UNESCO World Heritage...
Guaranteed tours to Georgia - 7 day Exploration of Georgia
- Starts from: Georgia
- Type: Guaranteed tours to Georgia
- code: GTALL-01
- Best time: Jan - Dec
- Distance: 970 km
- Duration: 7 Days
Starts from Tbilisi every second Sunday.
7 days guaranteed tour Exploration of Georgia is ready to run four seasons a year. Explore the cultural heritage of Georgia, follow the Great Silk Road and discover the country’s culture and fascinating folklore. Visit Tbilisi city, the capital of Georgia. Enjoy sightseeing in Imereti province, visit the cave sites of Uplistsikhe and Prometheus and taste famous Georgian wines in one of the oldest cellars in Kakheti. The group is “Guaranteed to Run” after two people book the tour.
Sights to visit
Tbilisi: Holy Trinity Cathdral, Georgian National Museum, Rustaveli Avenue, Metekhi church , Narikala fortress , Tbilisi Mosque, Legvtakhevi, Sulfur bathhouse district, Maidan square, Sharden street and Erekle II streets, Sioni cathedral, Anchiskhati basilica
Start and End Time - Open - Guaranted
- Starts: 12.03.Starts: 26.03.Starts: 09.04.Starts: 23.04.Starts: 07.05.Starts: 21.05.Starts: 04.06.Starts: 18.06.Starts: 02.07.Starts: 16.07.Starts: 30.07.Starts: 13.08.Starts: 27.08.Starts: 10.09.Starts: 24.09.Starts: 08.10.Starts: 22.10.Starts: 05.11.Starts: 19.11.Starts: 03.12.Starts: 17.12.
- Ends: 18.03.Ends: 01.04.Ends: 15.04.Ends: 29.04.Ends: 13.05.Ends: 27.05.Ends: 10.06.Ends: 24.06.Ends: 08.07.Ends: 22.07.Ends: 05.08.Ends: 19.08.Ends: 02.09.Ends: 16.09.Ends: 30.09.Ends: 14.10.Ends: 28.10.Ends: 11.11.Ends: 25.11.Ends: 09.12.Ends: 23.12.
2 and more
- The price is given per person in EUR based on the shared double/twin rooms
- 10% Discount is available for “early bird” booking (6 months before your landing)
- The deposit for this trip is: 200 €
- The group is ‘Guaranteed to Run’ after two people book the tour.
- Flights SHOULD NOT be booked until you have received your booking confirmation and the trip is showing “Guaranteed to Run“
- The guaranteed tour dates and prices are for the itinerary joining in Tbilisi.
- Price includes individual pick up/drop off service from the centrally located Tbilisi Hotel for joining the first day sightseeing tour.
- Price includes group hotel nights as described in the dossier.
- Price does not include individual airport transfers and a hotel night on the last day of the Land Only Itinerary.
- To arrange private pick up and drop off transfers from/to Tbilisi airport and additional hotel overnights please, contact Georgian Holidays team via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
ADDITIONAL PRICING INFORMATION:
- Additional cost in case of request Single room at the hotels will be 123 €
- Additional cost for individual Pick up service from Tbilisi airport to the hotel: 25 €
- Additional cost for individual Drop off service from the hotel to Tbilisi airport: 20 €
- Discounted individual transfer rate for double way: Tbilisi airport Pick up/Drop off: 40 €
- Additional cost for farewell dinner with a glass of Georgian wine and folk show 25 €.
- To arrange additional services please, contact us email@example.com
Day to day itinerary
Day 1: TBILISI CITY TOUR
Morning pick up from the hotel. Enjoy the full day exploration of Tbilisi old district. Visit Holy Trinity Cathedral (Sameba). Sameba was constructed between 1995 and 2004 and presents a mixture of traditional styles of Georgian church architecture. Afterwards visit Golden treasury of Georgia in Georgian National Museum on Rustaveli Avenue. The museum houses various archaeological, numismatic, ethnographic and other collections, some of them dating back to 40 million years. Afterwards enjoy views from Metekhi plateau and visit Metekhi church of 13th c. overlooking Mtkvari river. Nearby the church stands the monument of King Vakhtang I Gorgasali (or Vakhtang the Wolf Head) who ruled eastern Georgia in 5th c. AD. He is credited with establishing the city of Tbilisi – the capital of Georgia.
Continue to Narikala fortress by cable car and enjoy views of the city from the top. The fortress was first built in 4th c. AD and was known as Shuris Tsikhe (translates as Invidious Fortress) and was subsequently established in 7th c. and 12th c. The name “Narikala” was given to the fortress by Mongols meaning “Little fortress”.
Stroll down to the old city and visit Tbilisi Mosque, the only surviving one dating back to 18th c. Continue to Legvtakhevi (Fig ravine), visit waterfall nearby and take a walk towards Sulfur bathhouse district. Bathhouse is one of the oldest districts in Tbilisi. Some of the baths here date back to 17th-19th cc. and are built on natural hot water springs.
Take a walk on Maidan square, Sharden and Erekle II streets. Lots of cafes, bars and pubs, souvenir shops and art galleries are located here. Sioni cathedral, the former seat of patriarch, also stands here. The cathedral was first established in 6th-7th cc., but was destroyed and rebuilt several times throughout the centuries. The present cathedral dates back to 13th c.
Continue to Anchiskhati basilica, which is the oldest church in Tbilisi dating from 6th c.
Overnight in Tbilisi hotel
Day 2: TBILISI-GORI-UPLISTSIKHE-KUTAISI
After breakfast at the hotel start driving to Kartli region. Visit the museum and house of Joseph Stalin, located in Gori town, where Stalin was born. The museum was established in mid of 20th c. and presents items related to Soviet leader’s life.
Continue to Uplistsikhe, an ancient town, located near Gori. Uplistskhe is a rock-cut town approximately covering 8 ha. And can be divided into 3 parts. The middle one is the largest and is connected to others with narrow passes and tunnels. The complex contains structures dating back to Early Iron Age.
Arrive in Kutaisi and visit Bagrati Cathedral – a masterpiece of medieval Georgian church architecture. The cathedral was built in 11th c. and it’s named after the King Bagrat III, who was the first King of united Georgia. Renovated in 2012, it stands on a hill and dominates the city of Kutaisi.
Dinner and overnight in Kutaisi guesthouse
Day 3: KUTAISI TOUR
After breakfast explore Kutaisi city and its surroundings. Visit Gelati Academy and Monastery of 12th c. built during the reign of David the Builder, one of the most prominent kings of Georgia. Gelati was a cultural and intellectual center for a long time and preserved lots of murals and manuscripts from 12th-17th cc.
Drive to Motsameta monastery (“the monastery of martyrs”) constructed on the execution place of Georgian martyrs, who refused to accept Islam. The monastery dates back to 10th c. and was rebuilt in 19th c.
Visit Prometheus caves with astonishing stalactites and stalagmites. A 1.2 km long underground track has 16 caves in total but only 6 of them are accessible for the visitors. The tour is accompanied with light show and classic music.
Get back to Kutaisi and visit the farmer’s bazaar, where locals sell fresh fruit and vegetables and famous Imeretian cheese. Take an evening walk in Kutaisi city center.
Dinner and overnight in Kutaisi guesthouse.
Day 4: KUTAISI-MTSKHETA-TBILISI
After breakfast drive to Mtskheta, one of the oldest Georgian cities, which served as the capital of Eastern Georgia up to 5th c. BC, when the court was moved to Tbilisi. Archaeologists discovered remains of the city dating back to 1000 year BC.
Mtskheta is a popular tourist destination as it contains two of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Georgia – Svetitskhoveli Cathedral of 12th c. and Jvari monastery of 6th c. Both of the sights represent a true masterpiece of different styles of Georgian church architecture.
Arrive back to Tbilisi and overnight at the hotel.
Day 5: TBILISI-SIGHNAGHI
Breakfast at the hotel. Drive to Kakheti - a region known for its wine-making traditions. Visit Bodbe Nunnery of 9th c. – a functioning nunnery and a place where St. Nino (Georgian female evangelist) relics are shrine.
Arrive in Signagi–a small town, surrounded with 18th c. defensive structures. Take a walk in Signagi.
Ovenight at Signagi hotel.
Day 6: Sighnaghi- Velistsikhe – Tsinandali – Shumi - Telavi – Tbilisi
After breakfast continue the exploration of Kakheti province. Drive to Velistsikhe village, which contains one of the oldest wine cellars in Kakheti dating back to 16th c. During the excursion in the museum you’ll find antique exhibits connected to the wine making process in Traditional Georgian vessel of Qvevri. After excursion enjoy wine-tasting in Velistskhe wine cellar.
Next drive to Tsinandali, where you’ll visit the house-museum of Kakheti nobleman Alexandre Chavchavadze. You’ll have excursion at the residence, English-French garden and wine cellar located in the museum with a glass of famous Tsinandali wine.
Continue to Shumi winery located just few minutes from Tsinandali museum. Visit the wine museum “Vazioni” located in the winery and taste the local wines with light snacks.
Drive to Telavi – the administrative center of Kakheti and former capital of Kakhetian Kingdom. Take a walk in the town.
Drive back to Tbilisi and overnight at the hotel. *You can book farewell dinner with Georgian folk show for additional cost.
Those taking extension start their tour the next morning after breakfast.
Day 7: Tbilisi
Have breakfast at the hotel. Check out until 12:00 pm. End of service.
If you want to complete your stay in Georgia, consider a side-trip to Svaneti. Svaneti is a land of stunning beauty. Upper Svaneti, UNESCO World Heritage Site, is a mythical place dotted by medieval villages and evocative tower-houses. Travel to Ushguli, the highest continually-inhabited settlement in Europe.
Click here for detailed programs and prices.
If you don’t have enough time for Svaneti highlands, fulfill your trip with a side trip to Mtiuleti and Khevi provinces; following one of the oldest roads in Georgia, named The Georgian Military Highway.
Click here for detailed programs and prices.
Includes / Excludes
- Air conditioned comfortable car all days except day 7;
- English speaking Guide & Driver service all days;
- 5 Breakfasts
- 2 Dinners
Accommodation in double/twin:
- 3 overnight(s) in Tbilisi hotel 3*
- 2 overnight(s) in Kutaisi guesthouse
- 1 overnight(s) in Sighnaghi hotel 3*
Entertainment and other:
- 1 x wine tasting at Velistsikhe winery on day 6;
- 1 x wine tasting in Shumi winery on day 6
- 1 x glass of wine in Tsinandali museum on day
- 1 bottle mineral water per person per day
- Excursions and entrance fees per program
- All taxes
- Accommodation in Single room
- Hotel night on the last day of the Land Only itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Alcohol beverages unless mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfast on the final day if departing earlier than 8 am
- Catering not mentioned
- Tbilisi Airport transfers the beginning and end of the trip
- Entrance fees which are not part of the itinerary
- Air tickets
There are several options to join the Georgian Holidays trips.
1. ONLINE: Go to your chosen tour and date, click BOOK NOW to follow the safe online booking procedure and complete our 2-step booking form.
2. BY EMAIL: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. BY PHONE: Call our travel consultants at +995 322 184 539 and they will be happy to book the tour for you.
Booking Terms and Conditions
- We require EUR 30 per person deposit on booking for private tours and special sum for guaranteed tours.
- The balance of payment is due 30 days before departure.
- Cancellation is free of charge prior 30 days of the starting day. See booking terms and cancellation policy
View our full Tour booking terms and conditions.
Once you have made the booking, one of our representatives will be in contact to start planning your trip.
If you have any questions about any of the steps above, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Viator Top Rated 2016
Georgian Holidays has achieved Viator\'s 2016 Top Rated Award, distinguishing us as an outstanding activity provider for the world\'s leading online resource for booking tours and activities.
ITB Berlin 2017
Please, contact us to arrange the meeting on ITB Berlin 2017 at Georgian Stand #103, hall 15.1 on 8-12 March, 2017. Visit Georgian Holidays on ITB Berlin!
WTM London 2017
Please, contact us to arrange the meeting on WTM London 2017 at Georgia Stand in 6-8 November, 2017. Visit us on WTM London!
Holiday Fair Brussels 2017
Please, contact us to arrange the meeting at Georgian Stand or visit us on Holiday Fair Brussels, stand 5424, hall 5, 2-5 February, 2017!
TTG Rimini 2017
Please, contact us to arrange the meeting on TTG Rimini 2017 at Georgia Stand in 12-14 October, 2017. Visit us on TTG Rimini!
Georgian Tourism Association - GTA carries out projects to improve tourism development in Georgia in partnership with Department of Tourism and Resorts, Agency of Protected Areas, International Organizations (USAID/SME project, GTZ Private Sector Development project, GTZ regional communal development project, IUCN etc.), local partners (i.e. Elkana, Geoland) and member companies. GTA is the member of UNWTO Knowledge Network, of GSTC (Global Sustainable Tourism Council), of GCCI (Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry) and member of ICC (International Chamber of Commerce).
HEIFER INTERNATIONAL implements the project Sustainable Development of Rural Tourism in Black Sea countries
Leader of the Branch 2016
Gold Medal and International Certificate \"Leader of the Branch 2016\"/ Winner of National Business Award